Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Really do NOT Like the Dentist!

So the other day, I headed for my semi annual dental appointment. I have always been really good about brushing and keeping my teeth clean. I am one of those that brushes just about every time I eat anything. I've been really good about flossing, that is, until I was in the hospital last year, and got out of the habit. That was four months ago. I have been flossing every now and then, but not everyday like I use to.

So, why is it that I am the one that always gets the cavities? No one in my family takes better care of their teeth than I do. Heck, my dad said he didn't even own a toothbrush til he was 18. I really hope he is exaggerating, but I do know that no one, yes no one ever flossed while I was growing up. Did anyone ever have any cavities? Just me...and I had my share of them. In fact I had everyone's share. I don't get it.

Today, I had to go back to get a cavity filled. I was told it was because I did not floss...ya, for four months..?I don't think so. Like I said, I know a lot of people who NEVER floss, and their teeth are cavity free. I guess I have to look at it this way...this is one of my trials in life. I guess it could be worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment