Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, January 31, 2011

Wedding Flowers

I've been so busy lately (all fun stuff) that I think I've developed a little ADD. I have so much going on that my mind can't keep focused on any one thing. We have my son graduating from high school and headed to college, my daughter graduating from college, and also getting married. Wow! What summer this will be!

While my daughter was home for Christmas, we went to one of my favorite places and looked at their silk flowers. Ashley is wanting to use bright yellow and a turquoise blue. We found the perfect flowers. I went ahead a bought them, as they probably won't be around closer to the wedding. Now, what do I do with them? You see, I am not a very good floral person. Yes, I can make jewelry, and some other crafty things, but nothing to do with flowers. I got on line and researched how to make a wedding bouquet. This is what I came up with.

It needed something...babies breath! I went back, and couldn't find babies breath, but found some small white silk flowers that would work.




This is what I came up with. She is having a butterfly theme, which I will blog about at a later date. Ashley and I had found these cute realistic butterflies on clearance at our local craft store. Was not really sure what we were going to do with them, but they look really good in the bouquet. I also added some white ebeads in the bouquet too. Now all I need to do is wrap the stem part of the flowers. I had a friend show me how, but now I have to do it. Hmmm. Kinda scared, so I'll let it sit awhile. Heck I have plenty of time, right? Well, I do know it will be here before we know it, and I want this to be a DIY wedding, so, I do have a lot to do.




Now the next thing I needed to try to figure out was how to make a boutonniere. Again, I headed to the internet, and found several ways to make them. This is my finished product. Not too bad for someone who is clueless.




So, now I have to make several more boutonnieres. I've already made one "throw away" bouquet, I need to make one more (we are having two receptions).

The next thing is to figure out how I am going to make the centerpieces. I'm sure this is going to be much more difficult, so I will be headed to my friends house for some advise. She is really good at this kind of stuff (she was a floral arranger at one of our local craft stores, and did gorgeous work). Stay tuned to see what I come up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment