Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, March 5, 2011

More Wedding Stuff

During the Christmas break, my daughter and I started talking wedding. She was not officially engaged, but her and her boyfriend were talking dates, etc. So, because I would not see Ashley until just a few days before the wedding, we started a little bit of preparation.

Not only did she pick her dream wedding dress out, but she also picked her flowers too. Not too far from where we live is one of my favorite places to go for home decor. The place is huge--two ginormous buildings. Half of the front building is made up of all kinds of silk flowers. Ashley knew she wanted her colors bright yellow and turquoise but not sure of the type of flowers. At first we thought maybe daisies, but when we saw these yellow and turquoise roses, she knew those were THE flowers!


Aren't they some of the most beautiful colors!?

I went ahead and bought a whole slew of these flowers, knowing that closer to time we would need them, they may not be there. I am so glad I went ahead and bought them, because the other day when I went in to the store for my wreath supplies, the yellow roses were gone.






I wasn't sure how I wanted to display the flowers, but as I went up and down the isle in the home decor portion of the store, I came upon these iron bowls. I fell in love immediately! Especially when I saw the price...only $6 each! There were only seven of them, so a nabbed them up, because I knew they probably would not be there the next time I came in.





During the holidays, Ashley and I went to our local craft store to try to get some ideas as to what to do with all these flowers. You see, I am not very good at arranging flowers. As we were strolling down the floral area, we came upon these cool silk butterflies, and they were on sale! Aren't they perfect? They only had seven of the blue ones, so I got seven in each color. Again, though, I had no idea as to what I was going to do with them.

So now, I had all these flowers and no ideas. I got on the internet, and learned how to do a bridal bouquet, and boutonnieres. I was able to make one boutonniere and Ashely's bouquet, and one throw away bouquet. I only need to make one more throw away bouquet, and several boutonniere.

So now that I figured out how to do bouquets and boutonnieres, I still needed help with the centerpieces. I also needed some help wrapping the bottom of the bouquets. I hate asking people for help. I don't mind helping others, but to ask for help, I just don't like to bother people. I have a friend that use to do flower arranging at our local craft store, so I asked her for some ideas. She was happy to come over and help. Yesterday, we got together with one of my walking buddies and came up with a really pretty centerpiece. I would like to thank Roberta for all her help and inspiration. She wrapped Ashley's bouquet and help me wrap the throw away. She also showed me how to do one centerpiece, and guided me as I made one. After she left, I was able to finish all seven. I am so pleased with them. They are going to look so nice on the white table cloths I am borrowing from another friend of mine. Looks like everything is coming together! Now I've got to make one more bouquet, and several boutonnieres. Hope those come out as nice as the centerpieces...









No comments:

Post a Comment