Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Love Chairs


As I have mentioned before, I walk with a group of ladies in our neighborhood. This morning on our daily walk, we came across these two wood and wicker chairs. They were in pretty good condition, except the wicker had seen better days. There were a few scratches but nothing I could not live with. The chairs were very sturdy. I have been needing two chairs to go into my front bedroom. This room had been my son's room for the past two plus years. It is the biggest bedroom in the house. My daughter, who is away at school has the back room. When she is not here (about 8 months out of the year) it just sits there. I decided to switch rooms with these two, and make the front room a craft room when she is gone. That way we have no wasted room just sitting there for months.

But, back to the chairs. I brought these two home and decided to try to upholster them. I bought some fabric at WalMart the other day (75% off--they are getting rid of all their fabric and not going to have it any longer :( but that is another blog). At the time, I had no idea what I was going to do with it, as it is a heavier fabric, more for draperies, pillows, etc. I thought it would be perfect for the chairs.

I did run into a problem, though. Since the chairs are wicker, a staple from a staple gun does not want to stay. My husband was pretty impressed with the chairs, and how well my upholstery skills were, and he said that he could just use the wicker as a pattern and cut a piece of wood to go in there. That is what we plan to do.

Not only did I find two good looking chairs, but I also found a black iron double bed frame--head and foot boards. I brought that home too. Boy, I sure got lucky today!

No comments:

Post a Comment