Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Funky" Jewelry?

After being gone for four weeks, I paid a visit to the Coffee Shop where I have some of my jewelry. The owner had contacted me earlier, and said she had a check for me; besides, I wanted to see what stuff I had left in the shop after Christmas.

It was a nice little visit, and I was happy to see I did pretty well over the holidays. The owner asked about any "funky" jewelry I might have, and so I came home and started creating. 
She had mentioned one of my pieces that sold specifically, "the one with the wire wrapping and rings." I knew exactly the one. The thing is, most of my pieces are one of a kind, so that one is gone.
I started looking at all my beads, and came across some purply type glass beads. I remembered the sari ribbon I had purchased a few months ago, and then got out some glass pearls.
I sat down and started stringing beads, and this is what I came up with. It really is not that "funky" but I like it. It is about 26" and has no clasp. You just put over your head and go.
I thought about selling this set, but I can't get myself to part with it, since I've won three first place ribbons with it...well, back to the drawing board...more "funky jewelry to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment