Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Dancing With The Stars/So You Think You Can Dance

Looking for Bead Soup Blog hop? click here....

I don't watch much TV, but I do like to watch Dancing With The Stars and So You Think You Can Dance! I grew up dancing, and watched my daughter grow up dancing too.

There was a lot of discussion (lack of a better word), this year about the outcome of Dancing With The Stars. I heard a lot of people didn't think Candace Cameron Bure should have made it as far as she did. I thought she did a great job, considering she had never done any dancing before...and no, I am not saying that just because I am a Christian. 

My daughter has auditioned a few times for So You Think You Can Dance. She has never made it to Vegas. I will have to admit, I was disappointed. She is a beautiful dancer (and I'm not just saying that). Here, I'll let you decide. 

Oh, and Ashley is an awesome tapper too...

When auditioning for SYTYCD, Ashley and the other dancers , were told, "This is not Americas BEST dancer, it is Americas FAVORITE dancer." They were also told there are so many beautiful dancers, and just because you don't make it on the show, or to a certain point, does not mean you are a bad dancer! There are several reasons I believe she did not make it further, one is she always auditioned in tap, and I'm not sure tap shows well on SYTYCD (for some reason). And, ya know...maybe it was not the right time for her. 

OK, back to Dancing With The Stars. Each season, I am excited to see who will be competing, but I also feel bad for those, like Candace with ZERO dance background competing against people like Meryl Davis who is a tremendous dancer (heck she got a gold metal in ice DANCING).

So, this is what I think they should to to make it fair for EVERYONE....

One season they should have just athletes. Football players seem to do really well, so that would be a great season.
Another season, they should have boy band/girl bad type celebrities.
Then one time, have non dancers.

Anyway...something like that. I think you get the idea. When I look back on this season (and pretty much most seasons are like this). I see James Maslow who came a long way. Each week, he took what they judges suggested he improve on and fixed it! Meryl was already so fantastic, and I loved to watch her. Amy, oh WOW. I am speechless. AMAZING! INCREDIBLE. 

Well, I am a nobody, so not sure Dancing With The Stars will change. I will still watch, and I'm sure people will still complain. In my opinion, I think all of us just need to watch the show and just enjoy it. Oh! and vote!



1 comment: