Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I Love This Cookbook!

The Girl Who Ate Everything
Easy Family Recipes From a Girl Who Has Tried Them All
by
Christy Denney
 
Can I say how excited I was to review this cookbook?! VERY!!! I don't know Christy, but we have a lot in common! First, she is from Arizona, I have a son serving a mission there. Second, she is a graduate of Brigham Young University...my old alma mater.  She took contemporary dance and ballet--my major at BYU! Her husband plays football for the Miami Dolphins; being a Florida girl, I have watched many a Dolphin Game (and cheered for them!). Then, of course, we share the love of good food.

The first thing I noticed about this book were all the wonderful pictures. I love cookbooks and one complaint I have with most is that there are not enough pictures showing the finished product; not with Christy's book! Every recipe shows a beautiful large picture of what it is suppose to look like. Thank you, Christy.

 
Egg Sonora (page 65) and Spinach Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing (page 141) were the first things I tried, and everything was gobbled up. NO leftovers; they were that good! For Sunday dinner last week, I made Apple Broccoli Salad (page 135) to go with the fish my husband caught the other day. Then for dessert, we had German Chocolate Brownies (page 198). Those were sinful. I'll have to admit, I goofed on that recipe. There was a lot going on, and I was just not paying attention. I wound up putting all the cake mix in the bottom of the pan instead of separating it. It still turned out yummy.

Christy starts out introducing herself and then gives a couple of tips and tricks. Then she dives right into the yummy recipes. She gives a little background or story before each recipe. Her instructions are clear and easy to follow.

I would recommend this book for anyone. It would make a great gift, maybe even for that new bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment