Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, August 3, 2015

This is What Was For Dinner! YUM!


It's been awhile since I did a food post, so I decided to share what we had for dinner tonight....


It was really yummy! Here is the recipe....

Cook 16 oz Penne Rigate pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.

Brown a pound of spicy sausage.
While the sausage was cooking, I added a chopped onion and a 2 big banana peppers from our garden (chopped). When meat is brown, throw in a garlic clove.

Add a 14 oz can diced tomatoes; 1, 8 oz can tomato sauce and heat through.

Then here is the sinful part....
Add a cup of heavy cream. I added a wee bit more, because I had more than a cup, but not enough to do anything else with.

Stir the creamy sauce for a couple of minutes or so, until you get the thickness you want. Then add the drained pasta, mix and heat through. I topped with fresh basil from our garden...about 6 big leaves or so. 

You can also top with Parmesan cheese.

Serve with a side of salad, and
Enjoy!


1 comment: