Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Unique Christmas Ornaments

In just a few days, we will be into November....the month of Thanksgiving. To be honest with you, I feel every month, every day, every minute should be one of thanksgiving. Sometimes it is hard to realize all of our blessings, especially when things are not going right, but, you know....it could always be worse. 

But, anyway, I am getting off track of the purpose of this blog! After November, we enter the month of December! Probably the busiest month of the year! 

So, let me ask you some questions....how busy are you during December? Do you buy your gifts ahead of time? Throughout the year? Or do you wait until December? Personally, I like to buy a little here and a little there throughout the year. It is less stressful that way...less stress on the pocketbook too, lol. 

I'd like to share a tradition with you, many of you probably do this same tradition. I started this back in 1988, when our first child was born. I started collecting ornaments for all of our children, and I also give ornaments each year to other friends and family members. I love to look for ones that are unique, or ones that maybe represent something that happened in the past year. 
Most of the time, I make them. The past several years, I've been making some really cool ones from old guitar strings. You would be surprised how many old guitar strings wind up in the landfill! I like to make all kinds of things from old guitar strings....keychains, pendants, bracelets, earrings, etc. 
My first sale on my TappingflamingoBling Etsy shop was from a lady who bought five of my guitar string ornaments. She was giving them to her children as gifts. Sounds like she does the same thing I do...

Whenever I go to a wedding, I always like to wrap their gift in pretty paper, and use one of my guitar string ornaments as a gift topper...instead of a bow that will get tossed later. 
Whenever I give one of my ornaments, I like to make sure it is representing them somehow. I made one to give to a Denver Broncos Fan one time. Another time, I made one for someone who was from Louisiana. 
These ornaments are not just for the Christmas Tree, but you can hang them around and enjoy anytime of the year. They are sure to be a conversation piece, especially if you have someone on your list that loves music...

TappingflamingoBling is on not only on Etsy, but also on Instagram and Facebook. I'm on Youtube as Tappingflamingo...check out my youtube channel for tutorials and cruise info....





No comments:

Post a Comment