Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Fall is Quickly Coming

I am really not ready to say good-bye to summer and hello to fall, but the reality is....fall is just around the corner.


As a jewelry designer, I have to always be ahead of the game. In other words when it is summer, I am thinking about Fall and the holiday season. In the winter, I am designing and making things for Spring and  Summer. 




Since my favorite place is the beach, I like to design things that are inspired from the ocean. I made this necklace YEARS ago for my personal collection, and I wear it all the time. The shells from the earrings were just found this past summer, and I was lucky enough to find three so I could make a matching necklace earring set. 


 You might also notice that I love to mix my metals. I find it makes things a little more interesting. 



This next set was made to match. You will find a wide variety of beads in this ensemble, including some paper beads I made from an old magazine.


I added carnelian, jasper and crystals and some glass ebeads to give these pieces a variety of texture and depth. When I designed these pieces, I had just bought a dress and I wanted something to go with, and these came out perfectly! 


So.....what have I been working on to put in my Etsy shop for Fall 2018?


Here is one piece. This beaded chain necklace is made with crystals, obsidian and maifanite beads. I added brass beads and a brass chain with no clasp, so it is very easy to put on and take off...just over your head. 


Here is another necklace from my Broken Shell Inspirational collection. This one is a bit shorter and made of crystals, purple glass beads and green jasper. I used copper wire to wrap the shell and added some copper beads to this 18" necklace.





This shell fragment has become naturally distressed as it traveled through the ocean, eventually being tossed up on the shore, waiting for someone to discover it and appreciate its different shape, angels, and size. While this bit of shell is no longer a whole shell, the harsh conditions it experienced in the ocean transformed it into something distinct and beautifully unique. It is my hope that as you go through your own challenging experiences, you will become a better version of yourself, an individual who has gained wisdom through adversity. This beautiful shell piece is to help remind you of the positive growth that you will take away from your experiences.
--TappingflamingoBling



Whether she cruises the high seas on a ship, hang tens on a surfboard or just likes a quiet walk along the shore...Wearing a creation from TappingflamingoBling will keep her favorite places close to her heart and soul.


2 comments:

  1. I love the philosophy behind your broken shell jewelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have always been drawn to shells, even the broken ones. Those broken shells got me thinking about how that could apply in life...their beauty that is. :)

      Delete