Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, September 28, 2020

My Morning Smoothie

                                       


Just about every morning, I have a smoothie.
It's a very healthy smoothie. Fruits, veggies, and no, I do not add any sugar to my recipe. Here is what I do...


It is important to put the ingredients in proper order. I am using the Pampered Chef blender with the smoothie attachment, so when I blend it, I will be turning the cup upside down. First, I put about 4 ice cubes from my ice maker, into the cup. 


I then add frozen fruit. My favorite fruits are cherries, bananas, pineapple and dates. Today, I have half a small banana, two dates, and about 3/4 cup of mixed fruit consisting of strawberries, pineapple, mango, peaches. 

A little tip on the bananas. I freeze them. I peel them first, then put them (with OUT cutting them up) into a freezer bag and freeze. When I am ready to make my smoothie, I just take one out, cut it in half and plop it into the container. Sometimes I will cut it up, but not always.

Next, I add about 1 cup almond milk. Today, I am using chocolate. YUMMMMM!!!!



Next, I add all my powders...
1 tablespoon flax seed
1 tablespoon pea protein
and Doterra Trim Shake...vanilla today. 
I love using the vanilla with chocolate almond milk!


The next thing you do all depends on the blender you use. I had a Vitamix for 17 years, and I LOVED it. It took about a minute or so to blend everything up to a smoothie consistency.


Sadly, my Vitamix died, and, since I was having a Pampered Chef party, I decided to try their blender. I got it for 60% off! So far, I love it. The smoothie attachment is really nice. 


After I get it all blended, it's time to enjoy.


It is sooooo yummy!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment