Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

TIME TO GET MY REAR IN GEAR!

 It has been over SEVEN months since the COVID lockdowns. Here in Louisiana, we are still somewhat on a lock down. You really would not know it though if you went out and about, though. Too many people are not taking any of this very serious at all.

Pretty much everything I was involved in is still shut down. I was part of a senior citizen dance group called, Southern Sass. We lined dance and would visit and perform at various areas in the community, including assisted living, nursing homes, the veterans hospital, events for the seniors in our community, etc. 

Every month, we would dress for the occasion. Always with some sort of a hat and lots of bling. I miss those days. I miss the camaraderie of the seven ladies that make up our group...ages 61 to 82. 

When the shutdowns first started, I kept myself busy making masks for my TappingflamingoBling jewelry shop on Etsy. Since August, though, people are not buying many masks. Well, if they do, they are buying the China made ones at big box stores that are pretty low quality. Remember, you get what you pay for....

During the first months of the shutdown, I was so busy, I would forget to eat, and then my precious fur baby of 14 years died, and I pretty much shut down for awhile. Needless to say, I lost weight. 

As the months have gone on, I find myself bored, and eating things I should not. Because of that, I have gained a bit of weight. This past weekend, I was going through some of my clothes, and got really frustrated at myself. THAT'S IT!!!!!! I have got to STOP!!!!! 

I have myself on a strict schedule, now, and I plan to stick with it. My goal is to loose 5 pounds by Election Day. Here is my plan....

Everyday, I will exercise in some form for 30 minutes or more. Walking (which at my pace is about 2 miles) or yoga or a stationary bike. Always allowing some time for stretching. I need to keep my flexibility up.

After I finished exercising my body, I get cleaned up and dressed for the day. I also make sure my bed is made. That is so important for my mind, so some reason. 


For breakfast and lunch I will have either 2 eggs or a smoothie. I know this works for me. It seems if I eat eggs, my weight seems to go down. As far as my smoothie goes, I do not add any sugar. Here is the recipe I use:

1 cup almond milk

1/2 banana

2 dates

4 ice cubes

about 1 cup of either frozen strawberries, cherries, pineapple or mixed fruit of mango/peaches/strawberries, or a combo of all of the above

1 heaping tablespoon ground flax seed

1 heaping tablespoon of pea protein or kale protein or spinach protein, which is just ground up freeze dried peas or kale or spinach.

I scoop Doterra Trim Shake

Dump ingredients in order your blender recommends and blend. 

It is soooooo very gooooood!!!!

After I get my smoothie all fixed, it's time for me to get my spiritual side in order. I like to take about 30 minutes each day to study my Sunday school lesson and scriptures, and write in my journal.


I love having my Scriptures on my iPad. It makes it very convenient to study my lesson along side my Scriptures....just click on a link and it takes to directly where you need to read.

In my daily schedule, I have included talking to my mom, one load of laundry, some other chore, practice my dulcimer for 30 minutes, and work on my business. Each morning, my middle son calls me on his way to work. It is during this time that I walk or ride my stationary bike. I love that he calls me so often. 

Yes, being at home can be boring, but there is so much that needs to be done, that it doesn't have to be. Oh! and by the way, I lost my first pound after one day of this...so that...is....very.....ENCOURAGING! 






No comments:

Post a Comment