Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

2022 #100DayProjectChallenge

 It's that time of year again....

#100DayProjectChallenge 2022!

Yes! Starting February 13 and ending May 24 I will be participating. I've been doing this for several years now, and honestly, have yet to go the full 100 days.

Last year, I came pretty close. I participated with a group of jewelry makers hosted by Brittany Chavers from Brittany's Beads. She randomly chose colors to work with from an online random color generator. My goal was to make a pair of earrings each day. Each week, or so, I put together a video showing my creations. I hope you go check that out by going to my Youtube Channel's #100dayprojectchallenge play list. 

I've been thinking about what I want to do this year for the challenge. Each year I have participated, I have made jewelry. This year, I want to change it up a bit. 


Back in 2020, when people were first looking for masks, I started making a ton of them. Needless to say, I had a LOT of scraps that I just put into bags. 


Most of the fabric is bright and tropical. I knew, eventually, I would find a new project for all this beautifulness...


My plan? To make a collage. Some people refer to it as "Painting with Fabric."

I'm not exactly sure what the final outcome will be. I do have a few ideas, but, if you have followed me for any time at all, you know that I sometimes change things up midstream...so I just want to keep my ideas a secret...at least for now.

I will tell you this....
I started a little early.
Why?
Well, I am hoping to be spending some time with my family who live in Florida. I have not seen them since before the pandemic. One of my sisters I will not have seen for over three years! 

We are planning a family "getaway" so to speak. We have rented an Airbnb on the beach, and we have some fun plans. I will probably be back home by the time May 24 rolls around (the official last day). I want to have my project done and using it on my trip.

My start date was actually February 1, 2022. It has been in the planning and sorting stages. I will be documenting everything mostly on my Youtube Channel Tappingflamingo, aka The Bohemian Hippie. Through shorts and long videos here and there. I'll probably also post on my IG, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, etc...so stay tuned.

In the mean time....
Are you joining in on the #100DayProjectChallenge?
If so, what are your plans?
Have you ever done fabric collage?
If so, what have you made?

Hope you stay tuned...

And mostly....
I hope you have a FANTASTICALLY Wonderful Day!!!!

Terry Jeanette
Tappingflamingo
aka The Bohemian Hippie






No comments:

Post a Comment