Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Happy 18th!

Life has been so busy lately. It's that time of year! And this year, is especially busy. Our family really has A LOT going on.

I had a wonderful couple of weeks visiting with my family, and I'm sure I will blog about it soon. But right now, I would like to share with you a fun little project. 

My husband and I got back Friday, the day before our youngest son's 18th birthday. I knew I wanted to go visit with family, but I HAD to get back in time for the big day! Ben had plans with his friends, but we were able to take him out for breakfast that day. Later on we had our little family celebration.
Ben had asked for a cookie cake, so that's what I made him...German Chocolate-chip cookie with chocolate icing, mmmm!

I can't believe my baby is 18! Where did the time go!?
Tried to get him to smile....got a hint of one here. I guess it's just not cool to smile in pictures.

Anyway, today, we are having the youth over from church. There is another girl in the youth at church that turned 18 on the same day Ben did, so we are celebrating both birthdays tonight. We have gobs of games and a pool table, so that should keep them busy. I also am having some snacks; pizza, pretzels, peanuts, popcorn, and these:
Ok, well, these are suppose to be witches hats. They did not come out as well as the ones on Pinterest. Maybe it was because I could not find all the ingredients.
It calls for candy kisses, unwrapped; orange icing; and zebra cookies. I could not find zebra cookies, so the closest thing I could find were chocolate covered mint cookies, you know, like the Girl Scout cookies?

I am also dealing with warm, humid weather. The icing is not hardening like it says it will. I love the South, but when it comes to baking, sometimes it is a pain in the bahooka!

Anyway, they taste good!!!!!

I tried to post a picture of what they should look like, but for some reason blogger is not allowing me to post it. So, go here to see how to make these fun cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment