Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Time Smartphone

So, yesterday marked the end of an era, yes I caved in. I got a smartphone, yep, one of the last to do so. My daughter actually will be getting her new smartphone in a few days. She has also been fighting the smartphone craze.

Do you know how hard it is to buy what I call a "dumb phone?" Almost impossible. All my boys have a smartphone, and my husband has one for his job. Everyone has been telling me I need to get one, that I would "Love it!" Well, I am sure they are right, the point is, I don't want to be dependent on one...I have done just fine going many years without one.

I have found people automatically assume you have a smartphone, and send mass text messages or pictures asking my opinion on things. Heck, even teaching Seminary, they expect you to have all this technology at the tip of your hands...no more printed books, everything right on your smartphone or pad. What do you think would happened if there was no electricity for weeks? People would go CRAZY.

I'm not saying I don't like it....far from that. It's just I feel that our society has gotten way too dependent on it. No one can function, heck, people can't even carry on a conversation anymore.

I do like my new smartphone, but I do plan to not get too dependent on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment