Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, December 18, 2015

A Great Book For Healthy Mom and Baby





What To Eat When You're Pregnant is a weekly guide that will help support your health and your baby's development while you are pregnant. Sure wish I had had this book when I was pregnant (which was over 21 years ago).


I was very curious about this book, since I am starting to have grandbabies. After looking at this book, I showed my daughter in law, and she was impressed. Nicole M Avena, Phd,  author, has put this book together so that it is easy  to understand and read. She starts out by explaining why it is so important to eat well during this time, and takes you through the key nutrients you need. Part Two is broken up into three areas...The First Trimester, The Second Trimester, and The Third Trimester. Week by week, you learn what is going on with your and your baby's bodies, and what nutrients are key during this time....and!!! there are recipes! There is also a food  for the week. This particular food is high in whatever is needed during this stage in your pregnancy, and Dr Avena explains why.


After your baby is born, Dr Avena then explains about what you will be going through, your hormones, and how to loose and maintain the weight gained during this time.


 "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment