Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Gifts For Him

This is part one of a two part blog. The holiday gift giving season is just around the corner. Have you even started your shopping yet? Many have not, so I am hear to help...

I started with Gifts For Him, because that seems to be the hardest. I grew up in a house full of girls, but am a mom of a house full of boys (plus one girl), so I know!

So...what to get that special guy? By special I mean, Dad, Brother, Husband, Son, Uncle, Son in law, Brother in law, etc....

Money is always a good thing. The last few years, that is pretty much what my kids want...and need, and that is what they got. I do like to get them a little something though, and I like to give things that are a bit different, yet something that is not a waste....something that they can use.

Ties, video games, and clothes are among various other things you can get that guy in your life, but those are pretty much the expected...but I like the unexpected, so here are a few ideas for those of you that are like me....

The first thing I want to show you is a key chain, made from guitar strings. Now these are a fun conversation piece, and could not only be given to your favorite musician, but anyone who loves music at all!


The next thing I want to suggest is also made of used, cleaned music strings....
Music String Bracelets!

A few of the guys at our local music store asked if I would make them one, and they love their bracelets.


This next idea is a Christmas ornament, but can also be used as a car ornament...you know those things people hang from their car mirror? Living in Louisiana, we have a TON of LSU fans....hence, the purple and yellow colors. I can make ornaments to suite just about any fan...weather you are a Broncos fan, Dolphin fan, or even wanting the colors of your favorite high school team.


Speaking of ornaments...here is an ornament that would be a great topper on a package, and then hang in your car. Just a drop of your favorite essential oil on this terracotta clay piece will make your car smell soooo nice! One could even hang this around their neck. I know I like to wear these, especially when I'm having respiratory issues, I just add a drop of my favorite oil to assist in breathing, and it's there when I need it. I do make these into necklaces too.

If you are interested in any of these ideas, they are available on my TappingflamingoBling Facebook page. I also have an Etsy shop and my Tappingflamingo Instagram has a ton of stuff on it. You see something you like...let me know.

So, I hope this helps you out, and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season....

Happy Halloween!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Merry Christmas!
Happy Hanukkah!
Happy Kwanzaa!
Happy New Year!












No comments:

Post a Comment