Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Mardi Gras and Lent


It is Mardi Gras time! Today is Fat Tuesday...tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. 


This week, our Southern Sass line dance group went out and performed. We always have a lot of fun doing that, but today and yesterday, we got to dress up in our Mardi Gras outfits.


We also had our umbrellas and gave out beads.

Did you know that Mardi Gras means Fat Tuesday? It is also the day before Lent starts. I am not Catholic, but I did go to Catholic school and have a lot of friends of that faith. I am Christian, and observe Easter, but really have not observed Lent. This year, I decided to so do.

 Lent, which is the time of honoring the sacrifice of Jesus is usually observed by giving up, or sacrificing something during that period...which is about six weeks. I've decided to give up sweets. Yep, I'm going to do it! I really like sweets, so this is going to be pretty difficult for me. I'm hoping that I can continue to put a huge abbreviation on sweets after this time. Lent ends the Saturday before Easter Sunday. 

So....tonight, my husband and I will be headed out for my last sweet treat for a while....
I will be getting a Chocolate Caramel Truffle Blizzard from Dairy Queen....then a fast on sweets....
Wish me luck!!!!!
I'll keep ya posted.....

By the way, the reason I am telling everyone, is so that I will feel more accountable. 
and....I don't want people giving me cookies and candy, or any other sweets during this time...


No comments:

Post a Comment