Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shoeaholics



Are you addicted to shoes? I think every woman is in one way or another. I know, I've pretty much been obsessed with shoes all my life, even though I'd much rather run around barefoot on the beach or at the pool. As my sisters and I were growing up, we had the best shoes. We all have very narrow feet, and it was hard to find shoes that fit. We use to travel an hour to Orlando to get fitted with proper fitting shoes. We usually got ugly ones. The cool shoes were always too wide.

As a teen in high school, platform shoes were the in thing. The boy I was dating was over 6'; I'm 5'4", so I loved wearing the super tall platforms. When I headed to college, shoes weren't so tall. In fact the ballet slipper style was very popular (and much more comfortable). I grew up taking dance lessons, and majored in dance at Brigham Young University. The type shoes I wore, were mostly just my bare feet. My feet suffered from this in later years.

At the age of 23, I married a wonderful man. He was average height of 5' 11", which allowed me to be able to wear whatever height shoes I wanted. Because I had a job where I was on my feet a lot, I usually wore flat shoes.

As I was approaching the age of 40, my feet started to bother me, A LOT! I went to the doctor, and was told I had fibromyalgia. I did not agree. It was mostly my feet that really bothered me.
My mom and sister were big Birkenstock fans, and talked me into trying some. They were so expensive, but well worth the cost. I found that they were so much cheaper and cuter on QVC. Birkenstock shoes are pretty much all I wear. I do have a couple pair of boots, but unless it is cold, rainy or snowy, I have my Birkenstocks on. I have some in every color too...red, yellow, silver, black, brown, blue, white, etc. My husband is always teasing me, and asking, "Why so many?" Well, it's a shoe thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment