Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A New Project

Several months ago, my mom was telling me about some necklaces she had seen and tried to describe them. I had no clue what she was talking about.

A few days ago, we were in the mall and went into one of those places where people rent spaces to sell their craft. We noticed one vendor made the necklaces my mom was trying to describe to me so many months ago. When I saw what they were made out of, I remember I had seen the yarn in a store recently. I was sure Walmart carried it, so we made our way there. I was wrong, Walmart does not carry it. I was disappointed because we were going to go home and create.

The next day, my mom and dad went back home to Florida. They had been visiting and sadly, their stay had come to an end. As I was changing sheets and doing other chores, the phone rang. It was one of my friends from my stitch club. She knew I liked to make jewelry and asked if I had ever worked with ladder yarn. THAT's it!!!! The yarn my mom and I were looking for the day before.

My friend proceeded to tell me she had a bunch of it and wanted to know if I would like to buy it off her for REALLY cheap. I met her that afternoon, came home and made a bunch of these.

Sure wish my mom would have been here! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make here one...

No comments:

Post a Comment