Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Essential Oils And My Cough

Here is another personal essential oil story...

I worked at Vanderbilt Medical Center for a number of years back in the 80's. This was before smoking was band in public places. During this time, I worked in a closed in area with zero ventilation with five other women, all of whom were heavy smokers. I have never been a smoker, and this bothered me, A LOT! I can remember getting bronchitis every year. 
three of our four little ones about 1993
After our first child, Miles was born, I elected to be a stay at home mom. I continued to have bronchial issues, and it seemed every year I would develop a nagging cough. It would last FOREVER. As the years went on, the cough would get worse and last longer. About three years ago I had a cough so bad that I could hardly talk. Singing was out of the question. I decided to try the essential oils I had heard so much about. 

Three drops each of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint essential oil into a veggie capsule, three times a day is what I used. In about a week my cough was gone! The cough stayed away for over a year. Lately, I've been getting that little tickle, so I've been taking that lemon, lavender, peppermint cocktail twice a day for the past two days, and it's gone. 

I like to diffuse different oils in my house. It not only smells good, but I feel like it is a very healthy thing for my family. I hear my old work place Vanderbilt Hospital ER is even diffusing essential oils.


No comments:

Post a Comment