Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, April 27, 2015

Who Is That Girl In The Mirror?


So, today we had a friend over for dinner. We've only know him for a couple of years. After dinner, he was looking at some of our family pictures and was shocked. I figured it was because we were skinny then, and now we are fat. But, no....he said, "Oh wow, this is when you were a blonde!" What!? I'm not a blonde?


I have been noticing for about the last two+ years that my hair has been getting a little darker, and it has really bothered me. But after he said that tonight, it made me very sad.


I told him that I've always been a blonde! He looked at me dumbfounded. Then I told him I have never colored my hair. He looked at me and said, "mmmhmmm." Now, I do want to say, he is a very nice man, and he did not say this to be mean. I think he was just a bit shocked.


About ten years ago, I started to loose my hair. Every time I went to a doctor for my annual physical, or when I was sick, I would mention it. One time I even went to a dermatologist about it. Every doctor I went to brushed it off. About three years ago, it got really bad, I even had some bald spots at my temples. I guess you could say I had reseeding hair lines. 


I had a friend that told me about essential oils. At first it was for rashes, and I had great success in getting rid of my rash. I then wondered if there was an oil that could help with my hair loss. After much research, I learned that Rosemary was suppose to be good for that. I started putting Rosemary and jojoba oil on my hair, and within about three months, I saw new growth! woot woo!!!


A few months later, I noticed my hair was getting darker, but haven't really thought much of it until the past couple months; and now after this experience. It makes me wonder if maybe it is the oil that is making my hair darker. I know it is my hormones...or lack of that have caused my hair loss, so maybe it is a hormonal thing. I do know that I will NEVER be put on any type of hormone treatment for anything!  Even hot flashes, night sweats, freezing, weight gain, hair loss, etc. Not since I have a history of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. 

I know most of you are thinking I am making a big deal out of nothing, but it is hard to look in the mirror and not see you. For so many years, I have not changed much, well except I am a lot bigger, but other than that I still look like me. Not anymore though. 

People say I should be glad I don't have gray hair...well, believe me, it's there, and it has not been that noticeable. But now that my hair is a mousy color, it will show up a lot more. 

Other's say, I should color it...nope, not gonna do that. I use to get perms all the time, and it got so damaged that it started to fall out. Not since I have that issue, no chemicals. Besides....I'm too lazy for that, and I don't like to spend $$ on that type stuff. AND.... I'm probably allergic and will break out. 




So, I guess I just need to embrace this new hair, and new self...*sigh* Easier said than done....





No comments:

Post a Comment