Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

My Oct 2018 Bead Swap

Several years ago, I was able to participate, for the first time, in a bead challenge called....BEAD SOUP. Lori Anderson is the creator of this fun idea. I have had the privilege of participating quite a few times now...and I enjoy each one.

Goodies from Donna Hobbit

So..,you might be wondering how this works. Well, after submitting your info...name, address, url to your blog, and whether or not you want to ship to another country or not, you are paired up with another jewelry designer.

lavender seaglass beads

The two of you then converse, and get to know each other a bit. Then the fun begins...you get to swap beads with each other. You send them some pretties, and you get pretties from your partner.

Ancient Roman Glass

After receiving your beads,  you create and blog about it.

ceramic bracelet bar

This swap is a bit different, though. Previously, we were to send particular items such as a focal and clasp. This time, we had four different color palettes to choose from. 

ceramic bracelet bar

My bead swap partner, Donna M. Hoblit of VeraDonna Treasures chose the beach palette....PERFECT!!!! 


 I love the colors, and unusual things she sent.

ceramic bracelet bar

I sent her the forest colors...


and will be blogging about that at a later date. I will try to remember to come back here and link to the blog when I get it written. I plan to wait awhile because I did a challenge within a challenge, so to speak. You see, I kept the same beads I sent her, and created something with them. She is going out of the country for a couple of weeks, and I want to give her time to get back and do her own creating before I post what I did. I think it will be interesting to see how different or how similar our individual creations will be with the same beads.

lampwork beads

But back to the beauties Donna sent me. Thank you, Donna! Everything is so lovely! Stay tune for the reveal, and my explanation of my creations next week....Yes, I already have them done, and I absolutely love them!


....ok....I can't stand it...here is a sneak peak....


Ancient Roman Glass and Freshwater Pearls using copper and silver tone spacer beads and findings....I love to mix my metals...





4 comments: