Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!!

When our four kids were young, we use to make chocolate chip cookies quite often. A lot of the times my husband would do the mixing, and I would do the cooking....


Here is the recipe we use...
1 C shortening
1 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 C all purpose flour
1, 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 C chocolate chips


I love using my big counter top mixer to cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla. I then add the dry ingredients (little at a time) into creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Using my ice cream scoop to get nice rounded cookies, I place the dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet.


Next, cook in a 375 degree oven and check after about 10 to 12 minutes. Let them stand on the cookie sheet for a minute, then transfer them to a cooling rack.


I like gooey cookies, my husband likes them crispy.


How do you like your cookies?


YUM!!!!!


Nothing like a fresh warm cookie right out of the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment