Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Christmas Tree Dilemma

What do you do about holiday decorations if you have little ones in the home? Do you put up your nice, pretty, and...might I add...breakable collectables? or...do you decorate with handmade items your children create? Or, maybe something else.


The Tappingflamingo is now a Grandmother of three little girls...GaGa is what I am referred as...I love it, lol. 

I am fortunate enough to have at least one of my granddaughters frequent our home...she is two, which means she is learning...A LOT!!!! With toddler learning that means, touch, feel, explore, etc. So, I have a dilemma...and that is what to do about our Christmas Tree this year.


Last year, I went ahead and put a small tree up, and most of the ornaments were not breakable. Little Miss W, didn't seem to bother them that much. This year, I think it might be a bit different. 

I plan to keep my ornament collection way out of reach, and I don't mean toward the top of the tree. 


I am displaying them on the mantle of our fireplace.


I love to collect ornaments from all the different places we travel.


I really like this one from Puerto Rico. I actually display many of my ornaments year round in a curio cabinet. 

Several years ago, when our now 24 year old son was about W's age...he just could not keep his hands off the bright lights and shiny decorations. He knocked our tree down two times. Luckily, nothing was damaged, and we didn't say much to him about it. He was a very good little boy, and normally did what you asked of him, but he just had a hard time with the tree. So...because of this, I am trying to think of alternatives to the ornament situation. 


Years ago when our children were really little, we use to put the tree in a playpen, but I'm not sure that is what we need, besides, the way our house is laid out, not sure that would even work....HECK! Even though we have a nice size home, there is no place for a tree...hence the little tree. 

So....what are your plans? Do you even put a tree up? If you have little ones, what type ornaments do you decorate with?







No comments:

Post a Comment