Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Putting Together Family History Notes

For as long as I can remember, I have been interested in my ancestors. Growing up, I knew very little about my dad's family. Never meeting his mother or father, I was always asking questions about them. My dad, being the youngest of a passel of kids, knew very little himself, or so he thought. He never met his father, but he did know his mother pretty well.

For the past few years, my dad has started to open up more about his family. In addition to that, I have had contact with several long lost relatives with very interesting information. Because of this, my sisters and I want to write a book. My dad is also onboard with this, and being that my dad is 84, I feel a great need to get started. I have interviewed him on several occasions. Using the notes from these interviews, I have decided to go ahead and start to blog about them. My sisters and I are not at a point where we can actually work on a book, but I feel using my blog will help to organized our information.

One other reason for writing the story of these people is so that we can learn from what they went through. I share their stories with the world so that we might understand more why they did the things they did, and why their children do the things and think the way they do. Their children being my parent's generation.

I grew up as the oldest of three girls, and our father made sure we had the very best of things, including education. We were not spoiled, but our parents made sure we had what we needed. They were hard workers and taught us well. They taught us to respect others, especially our elders, and also to respect ourselves. I am grateful for the teachings our parents provided us with. All three of us girls turned out pretty well.

I plan to post a new chapter most Sunday. The stories will be from not just my father's side, but also my mother's side. It will be more of a story of my mom and dad, but I do need to give background on their families, as it is very interesting, and explains a lot as to why we are the way we are.

I once wrote a blog about what I call the 11th Commandment..."Thou shalt not judge." My thoughts from this blog coincide with the story of my ancestors, as we do not have their whole story. There are quite a few gaps, so please do not be too quick to judge. I do plan to fill in what I think might have happened from information we have from those times. I will make sure to let the reader know when things are fact and things are speculated. 

So, stay tuned for more adventures from my family roots; The Lynch/Kublinger/Kiblinger line from my father's side, and the Dudley/Driver/Trautwein line from my mother's side. 

By the way...to those who are related, and have more info or questions...please let me know. I would love to make contact with you, and collaborate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment