Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Missionary Mom Necklace

So, did I mention I am so proud of my son? He will be leaving on a two year mission in just over a month from now.  I've seen some missionary mom jewelry and wondered how I could make my own. I have never tried stamping and know it is not easy, so I found someone that is really quite good at it.
 Rachael, from Templestamping did a beautiful job with my custom order. She was very prompt, and I had it in hand within a couple of days of ordering it!
Then, I had to figure out how I wanted to put it together. I knew I wanted a purple stone, since Scott was born in February (birthstone is amethyst). After going through my bead stash, the pearl was the best choice. Pearls represent purity. Also pearls start from a small humble beginning and, over time with the help of the oyster, becomes something that it could have never become alone. My son, with the help of his Heavenly Father, and his family, has become a very nice young man. He will be a wonderful missionary!

So, now I had to come up with what to hang it on. I love lots of color, I love the beach. I also like to wear browns sometimes, so I started pulling different beads out, and this is what I came up with. Starfish, shells, colorful seedbeads, wood beads, and silver accent beads.

I love it!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you found someone to do the stamping for you. That turned out great!

    ReplyDelete