Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, January 15, 2018

Matching Jewelry For My New LulaRoe Carly

I have a friend of mine that started selling LulaRoe about three years ago. I fell in love with a lot of their clothing. My favorite is the Carly dress. A few weeks ago, I learned that my friend was going out of business, because she is graduating from graduate school and will be working full time in her new career. She will not be able to put the time into LulaRoe. I was pretty sad when I found out, but then I was happy, because I got some good deals.


I received some money for Christmas, and decided I wanted to get some new clothes from my friend. One of the things I was able to snatch up was a Disney Carly Dress...something I had had my eye on for quite sometime. 


I loved it, and knew I wanted to make some jewelry that would go with it. I rummaged through my stash of beads. The first thing I came across was a blue ceramic sun disc. Perfect! I knew I wanted some white, yellow and red beads, but really was not sure as to what kind of beads. As I was digging around my stash, I came across some white beads that are made from shell. I knew that is what I wanted, then I saw the carnelian beads. Carnelian is not a pure red, but has a bit of orange. It was a perfect match to Mickey's shorts on my dress. Then I remember I just got some labradorite, which is a blueish gray. I looks nice agains the light blue/gray background of the dress. Now, all I needed was some yellow. I found some really pretty gold/yellow crystals. For the finishing touch, I added a Mickey charm to the disc. I put together a pair of matching earrings, and I was set.

I love making pieces of jewelry for specific outfits, and I enjoyed wearing my new ensemble yesterday to church!


2 comments:

  1. I am the same way. I love making pieces to match my outfits. I got a pair of leggings that are like mermaid tails and turquoise.. Double score for me. lol If you need another lularoe consultant let me know. I have 4 friends we sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo, turquoise mermaid tails! Nice! Love LLR....I'll let you know if I need a new rep... :)

    ReplyDelete