Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, April 6, 2018

Swap N Hop 2018

Today is the day for the BIG reveal!!!!
So let me refresh your memory as to what my partner, Lisa Johnson , of Spud & Mrs Butters, sent me....

Red Czech Glass Beads!


ooooo!!!! RED!


Actually, there are all shades of reds, pinks, corals, and different shapes too!


Ceramic Beads!


 Blue Czech Glass Beads and Handmade spotted beads. 
Love the flowers!

Some more blue Czech Beads!


Hand painted focal bead from Summerwind Art. https://www.etsy.com/shop/SummerWindArt



I love these!!!!


Here is a better look!!!!


leather cord, spacer beads and a toggle clasp.

So....what did I do with all of this fun stuff?

First, I sorted everything out...


Then I did some pondering, and moving stuff around....


Then I got to work....



 The first thing I did was make these earrings. I just loved the flowers. I wanted to make earrings in a different way than I normally do. I used copper wire and silver tone clam shell bead crimps. Then I needed to make a matching necklace. I used copper wire to wrap this shell piece I found while beach combing close to my old stomping grounds of Cocoa Beach, Florida. To match the earrings, I used a copper lobster claw clasp, and silver tone crimp beads like the ones in the earrings. 




The next thing I made were these mismatched earrings. I think they look sorta space shippy (I know, not a word, lol) I used the faceted red Czech beads and the blue faceted beads I got from Lisa, and then added a champagne colored crystal I had in my stash. Do you like mismatched earrings? They are pretty popular right now. 


This next piece I LOVE! I used the red glass beads (picked out the square and round red beads), and some of the tiny blue Czech beads with some champagne colored crystals I had in my stash to make this piece. Again, I wire wrapped a shell piece from Cocoa Beach, this time using silver tone. I dedicate this piece to Autism Awareness. I have two nephews who live with Autism, and I've been making autism awareness bracelets, which I offer on my Etsy shop, and then donate a portion to various non profit autism awareness organizations. I'll be wearing this a lot during April (Autism Awareness Month). 


Had to make another one of those necklaces. This time I used brass wire to wrap my Cocoa Beach shell.


I just loved this focal Lisa sent! Don't you!? Goes nicely with the dark blue ceramic beads she sent. I also used the hand made spotted beads and Czech beads.


I really wanted to use the leather she sent, but was stumped...until I found some large jump rings. 

After I strung up the red Czech beads, ceramic beads, and spacer beads, I attached the jump rings and then knotted the leather around them and also the toggle clasp. I love the way it turned out.

Then, of course, I had to make some matching earrings....

Soooo...what did I sent her?


Abalone shell chips


Three different pendants...wire wrapped shell form Cocoa Beach, wire wrapped sea glass with mermaid and guitar string mermaid pendant. 

                          
Some guitar strings. Curious if she uses these. I make all kinds of jewelry and accessories from them....

These are some of my favorite crystals to use. Look at all the colors!


Turquoise glass beads

I think she said she like colors from nature. I love the shape of these!
You really can't tell in the picture, but these have some sparkle to them.

Ok, so now go see what kinds of creations Lisa came up with...and check out the creations from all of the other participants! 


Terry Jeanette Carter https://tappingflamingo.blogspot.com


Linda Anderson http://fromthebeadboard.blogspot.com (Hostess)
Hope Smitherman http://CraftyHope.com
Rosantia Petkova http://bairozan.blogspot.bg/

Seed Beaders








30 comments:

  1. Sooo many pretties. I'm glad you liked the beads I sent and so happy you were able to get so many pieces made. I really like the mismatched earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the fun stuff. I had a great time creating.

      Delete
  2. You go SO MANY pieces made with the assortment you were sent. I really love the way you were able to work in the leather. And, your wrapped shells are really special. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love working with wire, and using them on the shells I find at the beach.

      Delete
  3. Hi Terry. I like the shells that you wrap. The turquoise pieces have a lovely beachy feel. Good job on the mismatched earrings. My oldest Grandson has a mild form of Autism so I can relate to the jewelry that you create for it. Great use of the Summerwind focal.I really like what you did with the leather. You made good use of what your partner sent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky! I love creating the beach theme pieces. Lately, I've been making a lot of autism awareness bracelets and donating a portion to non profit autism awareness organizations. I have two nephews with autism.

      Delete
  4. I adore your wire wrapped shell pendants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love beach combing for them and then wrapping them. :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely assortment of pieces! I too love wrapping things I find on the beach. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing how you have put together beads from one swap to create so many different pieces. well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps when you have a wonderful partner that sends so many pretties! :)

      Delete
  7. You hit both the colorful and the beachy vibes with these beautiful designs! I absolutely adore the flower earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first saw those flowers, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I think they were my favorite of what she sent. Beachy....that is my thing! I love the beach!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE the wire wrapped shells! I have so many shells from living in Florida and will have to give some a try wrapping down the ridges! Everything is beautiful and I especially love the dainty flower earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from Florida! :) My family is still there, so I get to come visit. We live in Louisiana, now, so maybe someday, I'll be back. I love beachcombing and finding fun things on the beach, and then putting them into my pieces.

      Delete
  9. What great designs! They would all be great to wear on a cruise or while visiting the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! :) That is what I specialize in...Beach and cruise inspired jewelry and accessories.

      Delete
  10. Your pieces are fun! I am amazed by the amount of jewelry you were able to make. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! With so many pretty things to play with, everything went together pretty quickly! :)

      Delete
  11. So many beautiful things, my favorite are the flower earrings

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful beachy pieces! I love the subtle wire wrapping on the shell pieces and the tiny bead cords! I also love the necklace with the hand-painted focal and the matching ceramic beads! I love uour earrings, especially the mismatched pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Anything beach related is my favorite

      Delete
  13. My favorite of the offerings is the necklace with the painted focal bead from Summerwind. I love the focal and the colors of beads that you used really set it off. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is a beautiful pice from Summerwind!

      Delete
  14. So many fab pieces. My fav is the turquoise necklace & earrings. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes! I loved those flower beads so much, and really like the set I came up with.

      Delete
  15. WOWZA! You made so many pieces! I think my favs are the first blue necklace and earrings and the blue/orange focal necklace. I LOVE orange and blue - it's such a great combo! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete