Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trunk or Treat


Last night we had our annual ward Trunk or Treat. The weather was perfect, except for the mosquitoes. Even though everyone was calling me Pebbles, I was actually just a cave woman. You see, Pebbles has red hair, I don't.





Here is a picture of my "cave." At first I was wondering how I was going to decorate our van, but then I remembered all the sheep skins we had from my sister-in-laws mission to New Zealand. Then I remembered the brown blanket we had. Perfect for the dirt floor. Of course every cave has its bats. My cave finally became a reality.



For treats, I figured since we knew everyone there, I decided to make them. Clubs and rocks (or you could call them dinosaur droppings). For the clubs, all I did was melt chocolate and dip pretzel sticks into it, and let harden on wax paper.

For the rocks or dinosaur droppings I just made no bake cookies.



No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk (NOT condensed)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa

In medium saucepan, combine and cook over medium heat. Let boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in

1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats

Quickly spoon onto wax paper or aluminum foil. Coookies will harden as they set.

2 comments: