Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party Items I Mailed

As I mentioned a few days ago, I am participating in the Bead Soup Blog Party, hosted by Lori Anderson (http://lorianderson.blogspot.com/p/bead-soup-blog-party.html).

This is what you do at a Bead Soup Blog Party--First you sign up and Lori pairs you up with another jewelry maker. She tries to pair you up with someone who has a different genre than you do. My partner is Stacie Stamper (http://www.parkavenue-stacie.blogspot.com/). You then go through your stash (every jewelry has a stash). The only thing that you must do is send some sort of a center piece, a fancy clasp, and absolutely NO plastic or junk. You can send as much or as little as you like.

After you receive your items from your partner, then you create. On Saturday, 26 February, you need to have pictures of things things you received--before you create, and after you create--uploaded to your blog. You then blog about what you did. Then, on that date, you visit all the other "party goers" and see what they sent, received and made. Fun, don't ya think?


I had a really neat glass flower donut pendant that I've had for quite sometime, waiting for the perfect piece. I decided to work around this. I work a lot with hematite chips, beads, hearts and stars, so I sent her a bit of each of those. Since it looked as if I was going for the orange and black venue, I decided to send her some carnelian chips. She had mentioned that she hardly ever worked with seed beads, so I sent her some black glass ebeads and white glass ebeads. She also mentioned that she wanted to get into wire jewelry. I don't know if she will use any of the wire I sent, but I thought it was a little different and vintage, so I sent her some of the telephone wire my dad got years ago (late 1960's early 70's), when he was working for NASA at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. They were redoing the phone wiring and throwing all the old stuff away. He asked if he could have some of it, and they told him take as much as you would like, and so he did. I've made a few pieces out it (see my facebook Treasures by Terry). One other thing I sent are some silver spacer beads.

I know Stacie received my package sometime last week, and I am expecting to get mine either today or Monday. As soon as I do, I will post them. Then, on 26 February, come back and visit to see what I created.

2 comments:

  1. ya, it is pretty cool. I've seen a lot of beads posted on Flikr. It's gonna be interesting to see what people do with what they got. There are a lot of really creative people out there. I got my beads yesterday, and have been playing with them. I hope to find time to blog tomorrow with what I got. I got some really nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete