Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, January 28, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

So, normally, I am not a big fan of pumpkin. Last November, I picked up a calendar at our local grocery store and started thumbing through the months. They had some really good looking recipes, one was Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes. They looked really good, and so I decided to try them.

Fast forward a couple of months, and this morning, I finally decided to make them. They were very yummy, so I would like to share the recipe. I changed it a bit because it called for ground cloves, and I did not have any. Also the recipe was messed up a bit, as in the ingredients it called for reduced fat milk, and in the directions it mentions buttermilk. I used fat free. I eventually want to try it with buttermilk, as that sounds really good.

Pumpkin Pancakes

1 cup flour
1/2 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tbls brown sugar
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tbls conola oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1 tsp vanilla

In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In anothe rbowl, combine milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vanilla. Combine dry mix with pumpkin mix and stir until it has very few lumps. Ladle batter onto a non-stick griddle. Once small bubbles appear, flip pancake.

These were really good, I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment