Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, April 3, 2011

7000 Bracelets for Hope

You should really go to Lori Anerson's blog and check this out. 7000 Bracelets for Hope.

"To join the hop, you need to make ONE bracelet in an adult size in a denim/blue jeans-inspired theme. Basically, any blue bead will do! The bracelets will be sent to The Global Genes Project, an advocacy group who launched "7000 Bracelets for Hope", a children's rare disease campaign. The bracelets are given to one of 7000 families having children with rare diseases to show them love and support."

I am really disappointed that I will not be involved with this blog hop. I have been having problems with my thumb for the last couple of months, and I am finally breaking down and going to the doctor. I have a feeling that he is going to give me a cortisone shot and put me in a little brace and tell me to rest it. I went through this right after I had my 4th child. I guess I should thank my lucky starts that it has taken over 16 years to flair back up.

Anyway, this looks like a really good cause. This is a bit close to my heart for several reasons. One being, that just two months ago, we lost a good friend to Dock 8 which is very rare. Only a hand full of people have this in the world, and she was the oldest living survivor. She was just 22 when she lost her battle. Her younger sister is now fighting the same battle. You can read up about it on their family's blog. You will be truly inspired by Kelsey and Karly's story.

The second reason this is so dear to me, is that my sister has two very sweat boys with autism. Granted, autism is not that rare anymore, but I know that these families go through so much, and a word or two of encouragement is something that they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment