Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Old chairs = New Chairs

A couple of weeks ago, I went to our neighborhood garage sale. I was lucky enough to find many nice things, including four dining room chairs. I love the looks of them, and they are real comfortable. The only thing is, the seats are kinda yucky, but no problem, I can put new coverings on them. These chairs are for my daughter and her fiance that are getting married this summer, and so I asked her what color she would like. I know they are going with blues and yellows in the kitchen, and she said she thought a green type fabric would be nice on the seats of these chairs. There are so many shades of greens, and she said she likes the green that is on our living room couches. So, it was off to the fabric store I went.


There aren't very many fabric stores in our area, but we do have a really nice drapery and upholstery fabric place. I wasn't sure if they would be too out of our price range, but know a lot of the times, these places have really good mark downs and scrap bins. I thought maybe I could find four different pieces that complimented each other if I couldn't find enough of one fabric for all four chairs.

I was right, they did have some nice mark down fabric, and I went digging around, I came across this beautiful piece of material. It matches our couches perfectly, and has little yellow, blue, pink and white flowers on it. I fell in love, and knew Ashley would like it too. So, I brought it home.


Here is the finished product. Now, don't look too close, as in the middle of stapling the fabric onto the chair, I ran out of stables, so one side is not tucked in very well. I can't wait to stock up on more staples and finishing these four chairs. They look as good as new, and I spent less that $35 for ALL four chairs.

2 comments:

  1. Chairs can cost more than an entire table. You done good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! What a steal!! I love finding things like that!

    ReplyDelete