Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dining Room = Living Room/Living Room = Billiards Room

I really can't understand people sometimes.  Being in the market for a new home AND selling our existing home, I find that most do not have an eye for what one can do with their property.  Example...Our current home is an open floor plan. When we moved into it a little over four years ago, we had just purchased a nice pool table. It was difficult to find a home that we could fit the pool table into.  The house we bought had room for one, but only in the living room.  So where were we to put our couch and TV?  The dining room.  At first I did not want to do that.  I also did not want to get rid of the pool table. So, I settled for having our living room in the dining room.  When you first come into the front door there is an area to the right where the dining area is to go, a pole is the only thing to separate the dining area from the living area.  In the back of my mind, I knew we would eventually sell the house and figured we would have to stage the home--putting a dining room set in the dining area and moving our living room stuff to the living room area.  Most people cannot visualize at all.

Well, we did not stage the dining room as the dining room.  It is the living room, and the living room is where we have our pool table.  I think it looks nice, and I hope that those who come to see our home will be fine with it. If not, hopefully the realtor will help them to make since of it.  Isn't that what a realtor suppose to do?  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment