Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Coconut/Vitamin E DIY Lotion

Now that I found out that I am allergic to many of the lotions and creams out there on the market, I've been doing some investigating on how to make my own. Here is one of the recipes I've tried, and so far, so good.
Place  1 cup extra virgin coconut oil and 1 Tablespoon vitamin E into a bowl. It whips up better if it is in its solid form.
Then blend it up. My instructions said to whip it for seven minutes, but I put this into my small food processor and pulsed it until it was pretty well mixed. Then I set it to mix for a couple of minutes. I placed it into a glass jar, and boy did it smell wonderful (extra virgin coconut oil smells just like coconuts). The texture is really nice. You don't need a whole lot on your skin; a lot goes a LOONG way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment