Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, April 1, 2013

Home Made Bronzer

Since I have recently been diagnosed with allergies to just about everything in body, hair, and makeup products, I have decided to try to make some of my own stuff. 

First off I have to tell you about this blog site my daughter told me about. Actually, she is friends with this girl. Thank Your Body is a great place to find all kinds of info on all kinds of stuff and she shares recipes for a lot of things I am in drastic need of. I plan to try some and share the recipes and what I think as I try them.
The first thing I tried was a bronzer. I had all the ingredients in my kitchen! Here is her recipe for the 
All Natural Bronzer
1 Tblsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp nutmeg powder
2 tsp cornstarch
15 drops of lavender or rosemary essential oil*
*if you prefer a loose powder leave out the essential oil
Adjust the amount of ingredients to your own skin tone, and mix well in a bowl, making sure to break up any clumps. Put into a clean container and use a cosmetic brush to apply. 
I actually really like this stuff. I didn't use any essential oils because I don't have any. Not sure it really needs it, as it smells delicious! I just need to find a compact to put it in though. 

Hope you try it and let me know what you think. By the way, this is a lot cheaper than store bought, and much better for your skin. If you go over to Thank Your Body, she will explain all about why it's best to try to stay away from store bought bronzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment