Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bye Bye Summer, Hello School....

This past week went scootin' by really quickly! In fact the whole summer did. 
We've been a little busy but not too bad. I started out the summer with a ruptured appendix, almost missing our 30th wedding anniversary cruise. We made it just in the nick of time, and had a lot of fun. After the cruise, I spent some time with my family in Florida. We went to Disney for a couple of days.
Mostly, though, I just spent time at the beach and with my family at home.
After my time in Florida, I headed to Baton Rouge to spend a few days with my daughter and her husband. Then it was time to go home and start back on my exercise routine.
Pretty much my summer mornings were spent at the pool. Every Monday through Friday, I was out there swimming my mile and treading water for an hour. Some days, I stayed for either a water walking class or a water aerobics class. Needless to say, I got my vitamin D...

Mid July came, and I was back on the road again. This time to Utah. Two of my sister in laws, my brother in law and two of their grandchildren and I headed to Utah...in a mini van. Took us TWO long days to get there. 
We went to Temple Square, always a beautiful place to go...
We also went to the BYU-Provo campus, to the pool and reservoir, shopping, and shot fireworks for Pioneer Day. Pioneer Day is a huge celebration...celebrating when the Mormon Pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847.
Visiting with friends and family is always nice, but we could only be there but just a few days, so back home we came...

Now we are home, and believe or not, school has started. Yep, that's right...already. I can remember when school didn't start until after Labor Day....a whole month from now; and NO!!! we did not go longer during the summer. Kids are in school many, many more days than we ever did, and they are not doing as well...but that is a whole other blog....

With school, also comes Seminary for the youth in our church. Each and every school day, the 9-12th grade students get up early before school and head to class for scripture study. This year, I have the privilege of being their teacher. We meet from 6:30 to 7:40 A.M! I have five wonderful kids that come ready to participate, and I am grateful for them. Each year we study something different. Last year they studied The New Testament. In previous years it was The Old Testament, and then Church History. This year we are reading and studying The Book of Mormon.  What a way to start out each school day, with prayer, song, and learning of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment