Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Recipe Book Review

The Blender Girl: Super-Easy, Super-Healthy Meals, Snacks, Desserts, and Drinks--100 Gluten-Free Vegan Recips!

By Tess Masters
This colorful, soft back book has 217 pages of yummy recipes and hints about purchasing and taking care of your blender, and other fun things for a healthy diet. 
 The retail price is $19.99 (US) and $23.99 (Canada).

Tess starts by introducing herself and talks about her journey toward a gluten free, dairy free and meatless diet; all because of her health. She then explains how to choose YOUR perfect blender and how to clean and care for it. She also discusses super-foods, sprouting, dehydrating and even how to make your own milk using nuts and seeds. 

Chapter three is where the fun begins...the recipes! I love the pictures in this book. They look so good, that I wanted to try them all. The first recipe I tried was on page 79, Onion and Herb Socca. It was quick and easy, and oh sooo yummy!!!!

One issue I have, and this is only because I live in a small town in Western Kentucky, is that a lot of the ingredients are hard to find. For example, I could not find chickpea flour for the socca, so I bought some dried chickpeas and made my own flour, with a cheap second hand coffee grinder. 

I would recommend this book to anyone vegetarian or vegan, or anyone else who wants more variety in their healthy diet. 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review








No comments:

Post a Comment