Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, July 4, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!!!

Today, the United States of America celebrates it's 238 birthday! Sounds like a long time, but actually, the USA is a very young country.
Even though we, as Americans, are going through some pretty rough times, the good ole U.S. of A is still a very good country. Why do you think so many people flock to get here?

I've really not been many other places other than the United States. Been to Canada, Mexico, and some of the island in the Caribbean, so I can't personally say how different it is in other countries. What I can say, is what other's have told me---we should be very happy to be an American.

Pride in one's country is probably something we all should have. Now that is not to be so prideful that we demean other countries. All of us should respect different cultures.

This morning, our dulcimer group played at the church I go to. We played a lot of different songs, but at the end we played several patriotic songs, and it was so nice to hear everyone chime in and sing. I could feel the love that everyone has for this country; and even though I love and respect other cultures, I can truly say, "I am proud to be an American!"

Happy Birthday, America!


No comments:

Post a Comment