Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Needing Some Confidence In the Kitchen?

Kitchen Confidence
Essential Recipes and Tips That Will Help
You Cook Anything
by
Kelsey Nixon
published by Clarkson Potter
$19.99 U.S. $22.95 Canada

Can I just say how excited I was to get this book....for soooo many reasons! First off Kelsey graduated from the same university I went to. I do not know her or her family personally, but yesterday I had company over for dinner and I had this book laying out. Our company got so excited, picked the book up and said, "I know her!" She told me she use to babysit for a member of her family...small world. By the way, she also told me that Kelsey came from an "awesome family."

Anyway, about the book. Wow! I love it. Having young adult children (three boys and a girl), who are beginning their lives on their own, I see this book as a great asset to people like them. In her introduction she tells how she grew up cooking alongside her mom and gaining that confidence in the kitchen (Hence the name of the book). When she left for college Kelsey felt very comfortable in the kitchen. Long story short, she was a broadcast major who really did not want to go into the news area, so she wound up on TV as the cooking host for Cooking Channel's Kelsey's Kitchen! It's really a pretty cool story. 

Kelsey tells you all the "essentials" one must have in their kitchens. Essential equipment, essential techniques and essentials needed in your pantry. After these great tips, Kelsey then dives into the recipes, and there are quite a few......100 recipes with 60 pictures. I love pictures in cookbooks, and as I sat down and thumbed through her book for the first time, I found myself wanting to make A LOT of her stuff, most of which had a picture to show the finished product. 

Throughout the book, there are more tips, for example, how to shop for a great knife and cutting board. Because of these tips, and the delicious and easy to follow recipes, I would recommend this book to anyone......AND, I think this would make a great gift for the newlyweds, or a student heading out to school for the first time, or anyone who likes quick, easy and yummy recipes.

Ok, so now I'm going to go in my kitchen and make her recipe on page 20 for breakfast...Baked Eggs With Smoked Bacon, Spinach, and Gaot Cheese. mmmmmmmm!


"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."



No comments:

Post a Comment