Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I'm Being CREATIVE!!!

Going from a 3100 sq ft house to a 230 sq ft duplex has been a struggle, but I'm finally ok with it. HEY! It's less to clean!!!  Anyway, it's gotten my creative juices flowing and I am ready to get organized and decorate on a budget!

When my son got married, his bride and I had so much fun trying to create a beautiful wedding on a budget, and I think we did a pretty good job.
We did all the flowers,
photography,
made the jewelry,
we even made their Hillbilly "Wine" glasses.

My daughter and I did a pretty good job with their wedding just two year before by doing an all DIY wedding too.

If I can do two successful weddings on a small budget, I think I can "decorate" our small duplex on a small budget too.

So...what are some ideas I have? Well, first thing I did in the bathroom was decided on a color scheme.  Since I have been selling Thirty-One, I have accumulated a lot of black and white 
 bags. My husband already had bought a white shower curtain, and so I decided that I would go with those colors. We needed a rug, so I brought out a pop of color by purchasing a colorful rug. It only cost me $8, so by using what I already have and purchasing one thing, I got of pretty cheap.

Anyway, I have some other things boiling in my brain, and can't wait to get it all put together.

By the way, I just found out that there is a neat little store in town that have old doors, windows, you know stuff from buildings that are being torn down...for sale. They are open weird hours, so my daughter in law and I plan to go Friday to check it out. Not sure, it maybe be too $$, but we shall see.

Hoping soon I will be able to post some pics of what I wind up doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment