Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mother/Daughter Vacation Ideas?


My mom and two sisters and I have been discussing doing a mother/daughter trip. We have entertained the thought of many different things...from cruising to Disney. As most of you who read my blog know, my mom and I love to cruise. I love the fact that you can relax, and other people can wait on you. Food is free, and so is the entertainment. Cruising is a very economical vacation.


Growing up in Florida, our family use to go to Disney World all the time. Since I've been an adult and moved away, I don't go that much. My husband hates standing in line, and to be honest with you, Disney has just gotten way too expensive, especially since I am no longer a Florida resident.  I do, however, have wonderful memories of the Magic Kingdom.

One of my sister's and I are pretty much up for anything. My other sister has a hard time being out in the sun, so pretty much a cruise is out of the question. Plus, she really didn't enjoy when her and mom went on a cruise a few years ago. My mom isn't as young as she use to be, and gets tired easily. Going to any of the Disney parks and standing in line, walking all over, may not be an option for her. She is in good shape and all, but those days at the parks are just a bit long for her.  So....what to do? We would really like to relax and spend some quality time with each other.


We've discussed several other options, and I think we may have come up with something that all of us will like. Have you had an all girls weekend or mother/daughter time? We plan to just have a long weekend, like a Thursday/Friday, come back Saturday late afternoon. I'd like to hear some of your experiences, maybe we could get some more ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Living in Georgia, I love to go to Savannah or Charleston. Both are within driving distance and are filled with lots of fun things to do. Last time in Charleston, we even rented a house right on the beach, so we had the beautiful view. We go to St. Augustine Beach every year. That is another place that could easily fill your time, between sight seeing and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ideas. I remember yeas ago when my husband and two of our four children were living in Alabama, we met my parents and youngest sister in Deston for a long weekend. We talk about that trip all the time. I was pregnant with our third, and pretty much all I did was hang out with our kids, lay around on the beach, and ate a lot of crab, lol. Such great memories!

      Delete