Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I Am Sooooooooooo Exhausted!

It's almost been a month since I had a cyst removed from my thumb. In a couple days, I head back to the doc one last time, and I think he is going to be pleased with how I have healed.

One thing I am not pleased with, though is that two days after I had surgery I got really sick, as in...I was in bed for three days with a 102 fever and only got out of bed to go potty (sorry too much info...). My husband tried to get me to eat, but I had zero appetite. Finally, on the fourth day, I forced myself out of bed and thought I was getting better, until day eight. I got worse. Fever back up, and a MAJOR sore throat. That was a Sunday, so the next day, Monday, I went to a walk in clinic and was diagnosed with mono....REALLY? Aren't I a little old for that? I was told that they had so many cases this year of mono...no flu, but tons of mono. hmmm....Well, I did have all the symptoms, fatigue, fever, no appetite, a SORE throat and huge swollen glands.

I remember our oldest son having mono when he was in 2nd grade, and started to think back. I remembered that he was out of school for six weeks, and no sports or play, and that he was sooooo tired. I called my regular doctor, and they told me not to pick anything up or dance, or yoga, or anything for at least six weeks. I guess your spleen tends to swell and they don't want it to rupture.

Well, my fever has been gone for about two weeks, so I am not contagious anymore. But the fatigue and lack of ambition is horrible. I have so much I need to do, but just can't. I have started to do a bit of research about mono, and have found that it is an Epstein Bar infection, and that it is unheard of for anyone my age to have it. Really? So what is it I have? And, what can I do about getting my energy back?

Yesterday, I tried to do a bit too much. I took down Christmas Decorations, drug boxes all over, did laundry, including changing sheets on the beds, made some jewelry, posted onto my etsy shop, cleaned out the fridge, and, boy, from about 2pm on, I was worthless. I could hardly move. 

As I continued my research, I found that I could have a relapse, so I am going to try to take it easy. Baby steps. So grateful that my husband understands.

I slept in today, ate a good breakfast, worked on my lesson for my Institute kids, posted a pair of earrings on my etsy, went through my closet and got rid of some clothes. That is pretty much all I am worth today.

I sure hope I am back to normal by Feb 1! I want to go back to my yoga and dance classes. One good thing about this, I did loose six pounds. Yep, even over Christmas, I LOST weight. Hoping I can keep it off! But, my main goal now is to get better and get back to normalcy. I have a lot of do before summer, and tons going on this summer, and I plan to be 100%!

No comments:

Post a Comment