Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, July 12, 2009

My New Bracelet/Necklace

I like to do a lot of things, but one of my favorites is making jewelry. When my sisters and I were growing up, Mom would take us to the craft store, and we would buy things to make jewelry with. Once I got a little older and off to college, I quit making jewelry, until my sister got back into it several years ago. She got me turned on to it, and I've been making things ever since. I find it very relaxing, and rewarding. I especially like to make me (or my daughter) a new item when we buy a new article of clothing.

This piece shown here is made of glass and crystal beads I bought at Michael's. I had just bought a new top, and wanted something to go with it. This piece is actually a necklace, but I decided I like it much better as a bracelet. The necklace measures about 16 inches--a little long for a double bracelet, so I wrap it around my wrist twice and twist it a bit to shorten it before I clasp it. I don't know if you can tell or not, but the glass beads are teardrop shape, which makes this pretty unique...and I just love unique pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment