Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sunday, May 23, 2010

How Does Our Garden Grow?

This weekend, for the first time this year, I was able to harvest some of our vegetables. Boy were they yummy. I've made salsa (had to buy the tomatoes, as ours are not ready yet. It was really good). I also made some zucchini bread. Last night, I picked some yellow squash, zucchini, onions, banana peppers, cayenne peppers and jalapeno peppers. At first, I was just going to make some salsa, and saute the squash with some of the peppers and onions. As I put the salsa together and set aside for the flavors to blend, I started on the squash. I cut up the squash, and threw into the pan. I looked over to the salsa, and decided to dump it into the squash mixture. It looked like it would be really good over some whole wheat angle hair pasta I had. I then added a can of mushrooms and decided to make a cream sauce. Boy did it ever turn out good. Had quite a kick to it too (which is the way our family likes our stuff). Hope I can remember how I made it, because I'd like to make it again when our tomatoes are ready to harvest (which should be in a couple of weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment