Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Friday, July 9, 2010

Canning

For many years, I have wanted to learn to can. We have always had a garden, and I feel the next step is to freeze and can these wonderful veggies, but I could never find anyone who would take the time to teach me. I was always told, "oh, it's very easy!" but I just did not have the confidence to do it myself. (I have actually done a lot of freezing, but canning salsa is the thing I really wanted to learn to do).

Lately, I've been acquiring a lot of canning jars. There are quite a few people out there that have jars and don't want to have anything to do with canning, so I started receiving these jars from friends and family. Last Friday, our family took a trip to Tennessee to visit with my husbands family. I know my mother in law has canned before, so I called her to see if she would guide me in some canning. I brought all my stuff, and we canned 3 jars of salsa and 8 cans of hot pepper jelly. She told me she had a bunch of jars that she was trying to get rid of, so I brought them home, and now I have the confidence to can. I am sooooo excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment