Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WHAT DID I SEND TO MY SOUP PARTNER?

I started working on my bead soup ingredients before I even met my partner. I have a very large stash of stuff, some I don't even really know I have. You see, a few months ago, a friend of mine who had been into making jewelry decided to sell all her stuff, and I bought it all.

I decided to dig around and see what I had. First thing I wanted to do was come up with the focal and clasp, then work around that. I knew I wanted to make them and so I did.
The clasp is made of copper with a bamboo bead. My sister gave me some bamboo beads a while back, and I love them. 
Then I made a matching focal, using copper, wood, bamboo, and red ebeads.
Since I used a couple of ebeads on the focal, I thought I'd send a few more if she wanted to use them for spacers.
These Mickey Mouse beads I had ordered around Christmas. I made a few gifts with them for my friends that are Disney fans.
Then I remembered I had this wood flower. Looks like we are getting a theme going here.
Then I decided to throw in these wood beads...
and these wood beads....


and some bamboo,
 some shell rings,
and then I threw some be true charms in.
I scanned over the soup, and thought it needed something else. In my head I saw woodsy, natural, but just wasn't finding it. Then I remembered I had a stash of old jewelry that I had plan to take apart are redo. I dug around and found this necklace I had made YEARS ago. Probably one of my first pieces. I threw it next to all the stuff I had gathered and loved the looks of the mix, so in it went....and off it went to Tammie Everly. 
I am so glad to be paired up with Tammie. I hope she likes it and I can't wait to see what she does with these ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment