Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Glad I Was Running a Tad Bit Late Today!

Lately, I seem to be in constant pain...all over. The only thing that does NOT hurt is my hair. So, I headed to the doctor yesterday. She took a bunch of blood, so hopefully I'll hear something by the end of the week. It will probably all come back negative, which is a good thing, I think. I would like something to come back positive, something that we can do something about, and get me back to my normal self.

Although I hurt all over, I've been going to the YMCA five days a week. I've been swimming my mile and treading water for 30 minutes to an hour. Some days, in addition to that I take a water aerobics class or a water walking class. As long as I am in the water, I seem to not hurt so much. But as soon as I get out, uggg, especially my heel where I plantar fasciitis is. 

This morning, I decided I was going to go to Pilates. The other day I had gone to Yoga, and actually felt a little better for a few hours. Figured Pilates would be the same. I do stretch when I get out of bed each morning, and also I do some stretching through out the day, and afterward, I feel better, for a little while.

So, I got myself out of bed, got ready and headed off to the Y. I don't really have time today to go to the pool, as I have somewhere to be later this morning. I was running a tad bit late, but that's ok, since the Pilates class is always late getting started. As I headed down the road, I see what looks to be a pretty bad accident. I am sure glad I was running late, as I probably would have been involved in that. It looked like a guy driving a pickup was trying to beat the light and turned too sharply, flipping the truck into the little white car in the left turn lane. It had just happened, and everyone was waiting for ambulance and police to arrive. I think everyone was ok, and the driver of the truck was trying to crawl out the passenger side. 

I sat there for a few minutes, and even talked to one of the people walking around. I asked if they had called 911, which they had, and made sure everyone was ok. Then I turned my little Scion XB around and went home. 

Oh well, so much for going to the Y today. I think I'm going to go do some more stretching....

2 comments:

  1. Take a Zumba class at home:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYhX3bRhDU

    We may have different pains, but for me, I just chalk it up to getting old. My knees are screwed up, one ankle has permanent tendentious, and my back doesn't like me to vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with my plantar fasciitis, there is not way I can do that. That is why I have been in the pool, yoga and Pilates, less pounding on that foot. I have been limping around a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete