Early July Morning, Cocoa Beach, Florida

Monday, March 3, 2014

What Type of Jewelry Do I Like to Make?

I have been making jewelry for a loooong time. Lately, I've been branching out a little. 
Last year, my bead soup partner sent me some sari ribbon. I had ZERO clue as to what to do with it. I figured it out.
I had a lot of fun branching out.
Then I decided to try to crochet wire and beads.
I've done a little recycling...this necklace has a few curtain rings that I no longer needed.
A couple years ago when I was in the Bahamas, I decided to go to the bank in Nassau and get a few coins. I made this necklace to give to my mom as a souvenir. I really should make me one too.
I've also used old instrument strings to make bracelets. This bracelet is made from some old dulcimer strings.
 Oh, and then there's the old telephone wire. I've been making stuff with this for YEARS!

And then, of course, are these crochet necklaces. These are fun and easy to do!
Lately, I've been getting into these boogers...
 Paper beads!
I have hand wrapped these, glued them together, then used Modge Podge to coat them for stability and to stick together better. I then put three coats of a thick glaze on each bead. I hear they are pretty durable. They are water resistant, but not water proof. Before I start pushing these too much, I am giving them to some of my family to "test drive." I'm also thinking of maybe giving some to my Bead Soup Partner along with some other beads. I'm hoping she will also  "test drive" them.
So, if you ask me what type of jewelry I like to make, I'll have to say I don't really know. I like to try a lot of different things. I do like to use seed beads as accent beads ONLY, so I am not technically a seed beader.
I do like to mess with a VERY wide variety of stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment